Assistant Accounting Clerk
316 East Murray St
To set up or terminate water, sewer and garbage service, call Wallace Town Hall at 910-285-4136. The Town may require a deposit to set up an account. The Town of Wallace bills customers on a monthly basis.
When to Pay
The current charges due on your bill are payable when you receive the bill. Current charges are considered delinquent after the date shown as the due date. If the amount due for current charges is not paid by the due date, your account will be subject to a $50.00 late penalty. All customers are waived one late payment penalty, which will not appear on your bill. Therefore, any late penalties that are included on your bill must be paid. Questions regarding billed charges for service or payments should be directed to the Assistant Accounting Clerk at the Wallace Town Hall.
- Our Online Utility Payment System allows you to pay for water, sewer and garbage collection over the computer using your Visa, Mastercard or American Express. There is no fee for this service.
- Our Bank Draft Service automatically deducts the amount of your utility bill on the actual due date each month from your checking or savings account. You will continue to receive a monthly statement. There is no charge for this service. Each month it will save you time, a check and postage; and it eliminates the worry of being late with your payment.
- Pay in person if you choose at the collection window at the Wallace Town Hall at 316 East Murray St. Hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- A utility bill drop box is located outside of the Wallace Town Hall. This service is for use with checks only. Your cancelled check is your receipt.
- Call the Utility Payment System at 855-985-1123 24-hours a day. There is no fee for this service.
Utility services are subject to disconnection for nonpayment beyond the due date. Reconnection will only be made upon the payment of the past due amount, including late penalties and nonpayment fees. If you cannot pay your bill by the due date, it may be possible to make payment arrangements by contacting the Wallace Town Hall at 910-285-4136.
What Your Rate Covers
Water and sewer services are not paid for by property taxes in the Town of Wallace. Costs to the Town associated with water and sewer infrastructure, treatment facilities, pump stations, water and sewer lines, operations, treatment, maintenance, service extension and billing are borne directly by utility customers through their utility rates. Wallace's rates are set annually by the Town Council to cover the anticipated costs of running the utility.