The Finance Department effectively and efficiently delivers comprehensive financial services, protects the town’s resources and safeguards the fiscal integrity of the town. Our highly skilled team utilizes an innovative approach to inspire trust and support for our community.
The Finance Department is committed to providing timely, accurate, clear and complete information and support to other town departments, citizens, and the community at large all while operating in a spirit of excellence, integrity and dedication.
The finance office is responsible for the fiscal needs of the Town of Wallace through six divisions; Accounting, Budgeting, Business Registration, Beer and Wine License, Payroll, Purchasing, Central Collections and Audit Reporting.
We provide professional management and research assistance on issues related to financial management, productivity and the effective and efficient use of Town funds.
This office assists in long-range fiscal planning, the forecast of revenues and expenditures and development of capital budgets for the Town.
Joseph Trollinger, Finance Director
All who conduct or solicit business within the town limits of Wallace are required to obtain a license annually. All licenses must be renewed by Jun 30th each year. A license merely allows the Town to know who is conducting business in the Town and ensures that certain zoning guidelines are met. As well, the information obtained provides our Fire and Police Departments with vital data to better server you and your company.
$25.00 Fee + Beer/Wine Fee if applicable
Cost of Beer/Wine
Beer on Premises: $15.00
Beer off Premises: $5.00
Wine on Premises: $15.00
Wine off Premises: $10.00
For 2021, The Town of Wallace has contracted with Duplin County for property tax collection. Property taxes for the Town will be billed and collected by the Duplin County Tax Collector. Property owners will receive one tax statement listing both County and Town taxes due. Tax statements are mailed around August 1st of each year. All payments for Wallace property taxes for 2021 and after, should be paid directly to the Duplin County Tax Collector.
Any questions related to property taxes for 2021 and after, should be directed to the Duplin County Tax Collector at 910-296-2112.
Back taxes still owed to the Town for years prior to 2021 should be paid directly to the Town of Wallace. The Town is obligated to collect all outstanding taxes and will use all remedies available to it under North Carolina General Statues Art. 26 sec. 105-349
Tax Rate Schedule
Tax Rate: The tax rate for all property located in the Town of Wallace city limits is $0.62 for every $100 valuation.
Revaluation Schedule: Duplin County conducts a revaluation of all real property at least once every eight years. The next county-wide reappraisal will again be conducted by state certified appraisers and is effective January 1, 2022.
Tax Billing: Tax bills are mailed out in August annually.
Annual Reports and Budgets
The annual budget runs from July 1 to June 30, and is the proposed plan for revenue and expenditures for all activities of the Town. State law requires the Town to operate under a balanced budget administered in accordance with the Local Government Fiscal Control Act. The budget incorporates the goals, priorities and policies adopted by the Town Council.
Annual Financial Reports
The Annual Comprehensive Financial Report provides the Town Council, citizens and the general public with useful information regarding Wallace’s operations and financial position. The report is prepared by the Town’s Finance Department in accordance with the Governmental Accounting Standards Board(GASB) and other rule making bodies. Wallace is responsible for the accuracy, completeness and fairness of the data presented
Capital Improvement Plan
The Capital Improvement Plan is a multi-year planning document used to identify capital improvement needs and coordinate the financing and timing of these projects.
Of the Approved Budget and Financial Reports are available online for review or you may view a copy at the Town Clerk’s office at Town Hall, 316 East Murray Street, or at the Public Library on Main Street.
Annual Financial Reports
Capital Improvement Plan
Utility Services & Billing
A NON-REFUNDABLE new account fee is required. Office hours are Monday- Friday from 8:00am-5pm. A drop box is available for after-hour payments and all bills are due by the 10th of each month. Payments received after 5:00pm will be credited the next business day. A late fee of $50.00 is added to your account if payments are not in the office by 5:00pm on the 15th of each month, service may be disconnected. A monthly sanitation charge and storm charge may be added to your bill. All fees are subject to change.
If Application is competed by 3:00pm water can be turned on the same day.
- Rental agreement or closing statement from purchase
- Social Security Card, W2, or Current tax
- Driver’s License
- Completed application
- Pay New Water Application Fee
- $60.00 In Town Residential
- $100.00 In Town Commercial
- $120.00 Out of Town Residential
- $200.00 Out of Town Commercial
- Billing: 25th
- Due Date: 10th
- Past Due 16th $50 Late Fee Added(Forgive one every 12 months)
- Shut Off Water: 20th
- Leak Adjustments 2 every 12 months (Turn in receipts from repair)
- No shut off month of hurricane
- Our Online Utility Payment System allows you to pay for water, sewer and garbage collection over the computer using your Visa, Mastercard or American Express. There is no fee for this service.
- Our Bank Draft Service automatically deducts the amount of your utility bill on the 10th of each month from your checking or savings account. You will continue to receive a monthly statement. There is no charge for this service. Each month it will save you time, a check and postage; and it eliminates the worry of being late with your payment.
- Pay in person if you choose at the collection window at the Wallace Town Hall at 316 East Murray St. Hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Account number is needed.
- A utility bill mail slot is located inside of the Wallace Town Hall building at the Finance Office door. This service is for use with checks only. Your cancelled check is your receipt.
- Call the Utility Payment System at 855-985-1123 24-hours a day. There is no fee for this service.
Utility services are subject to disconnection for nonpayment beyond the due date. Re-connection will only be made upon the payment of the past due amount, including late penalties and nonpayment fees. If you cannot pay your bill by the due date, it may be possible to make payment arrangements by contacting the Wallace Town Hall at 910-285-4136.
Yard Wast Pick-Up
- Big Trash/Bulk Goods
First Thursday of February, May, August & November
Utility Billing Customer ServiceLillie Winston
- Picnic Shelter Rental: $25.00
- Campbell Center Birthday Party/Special Event Rental $150.00 (plus a refundable $50.00 deposit)
- In Town:
$37.00 per child (for each additional child in the same family – $18.50)
- Out of Town:
$50.00 per child (for each additional child in the same family – $25.00)
- Daily Pass: $5.00 (covers ages 13 and up)
- Weekend Pass: $10.00 (covers family of 4)
- Monthly Pass: $20.00 (covers a family of 4) Yearly Pass – $45.00 (covers a family of 4)
- Yearly Pass: $45.00 (covers a family of 4)
- Copies/Print Jobs:
Black & White $.25 a page
Colored – $.50 a page
- Double sided:
Black & White – $ .40 a page
Double sided – Colored $.90 a page
1ST page $2.00
each page thereafter $1.00 each
Per page $1.00
- Notary: $5.00 per signature
- Overdue Fines: $.10 per book per day Passport
- Application: $ 35.00
$.15 an inch, minimum amount – $1.00
Used Books & Magazines – varies from $.25 to $1.00
- Business Registration: $25 A Year
- Police Report Copies: $4.00
- Planning & Zoning:
Fees are calculated for each job by Planning Director